Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fly Swatters

Fly Swatters
8"x10"
Color Pencil on Stonehenge

I had read an article on giraffe's and how they are really survivors.  As many animals in Africa, they are losing their habitat.  What I didn't realize was just how unique an animal they are, so I couldn't resist the lure of putting this mug on paper.  I couldn't think of a catchy name, giraffe sounded rather lame, so focused on the eye lashes - wouldn't we all love to have a pair of these ladies?? 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this piece!!! Good job. Welcome to the 30 in 30 Challenge. I did it last January, too, and learned so much. You have totally earned my respect for working in colored pencil. I spent a couple of years working with colored pencils before switching to oils. I love the pencils, but they take SO much time!!

    ReplyDelete