Sunday, January 19, 2014

Egret

 
Egret
14"x18"
Acrylic on canvas
 
This is an acrylic piece on watercolor canvas - combine the acrylic, brushes and canvas texture and it is a new world for me.  This is one of those paintings that was started quite some time ago, became disenchanted with it as I couldn't get it to go as I wished (I have brushitis and we can't seem to communiate).  So I punished it and into the unfinished pile it went.    
White is always a challenge and getting the form without it feeling dull, as well as the mating plumes was my biggest challenge in this piece. 

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a success Nelvia. I would have liked to see the stage in was in when you went back to it. The colors you've added to your whites make it interesting and the pose adds character. I have quite a few duds that could use some help. Since I never throw any art away, they are waiting for me to be inspired to rescue them.

    ReplyDelete