Friday, January 10, 2014

Winter Berries

Winter Berries
6"x9"
Acrylic on paper

Isn't it interesting how some paintings take on a life of their own?  I started this painting trying a new technique and canvas-like paper which has a coating that I'm not used to and it throws me off.  Paint dries really slow and lifts, which could be a good thing.  Wasn't thrilled with the result, and thought about tossing it more than once.  But after a couple of hours on-and-off work, thought "oh, no I'll have to paint another one".  So desparation just keep me smushing paint around and glazing, finally came up with something that I thought I could live with. 


2 comments:

  1. I think this turned out really well Nelvia. I love the textures on the grasses and your snow looks so real it's making me reach for my sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, just wanted to tell you how much I have appreciated and enjoyed our comments during this - has helped me a great deal. Yep, there must be something to smushing as it kink of make the snow dry and fluffy. Hope I can remember how I smushed!!!! Can't wait to see your today's pic.

      Delete