Saturday, January 11, 2014

Zambian Woman

 
Zambian Lady
9"x12"
Pastel on paper
 
Some people just want to be painted and this lady was one of them, she literally popped out of the paper in a couple of hours.  For me that is rare, has happened a couple of times, but usually I plod along for months.  Runs are like that too, occasionally you get the one that you just want to keep going and never stop - the reason why you keep running is to feel that.  When it happens without effort it is such a great thing, but a little scary too.
 
What caught me about this lady was her regal attitude, beautiful complexion, her elegant collar bones, but mostly I swear that hat is made from a gourd.  A big big gourd.
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful facial features! Lovely portrait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, sure appreciate the encouragement and comment. She is a beauty isn't she, I think she knows it too. :)

      Delete
  2. This painting is just so elegant. All I can do is just sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carroll, what a beautiful compliment. Sure is appreciated. She just has style that is unique.

      Delete
  3. I haven't looked at your blog for a few days so this is a treat to see several at once. You are very good at portraits! This lady is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your taking the time to stop by Nancy. They all don't come out like she did, fast and pretty right on the first try.

      Delete